If you would like a career in the Work Health and Safety area, then the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is for you. Designed by industry professionals, this qualification will give you a broad range of practical knowledge and skills, allowing you to provide accurate, valid and timely WHS advice and assist with improving workplace safety.
The course covers a range of units of competency including:
- The implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- Assisting with responding to incidents
- Contributing to WHS hazard identification
- Risk assessment and risk control
- Assisting with claims management
- Rehabilitation and return-to-work programs
- Assisting with compliance with current WHS regulations
- Writing complex documents and making presentations
Successful completion of the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety can lead to a range of career opportunities including Work Health and Safety (WHS) Systems Officer, Work Health and Safety Coordinator and Safety Health and Wellbeing Advisor.